The NHS App - 
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. Services include; ordering repeat prescriptions and presenting your Covid-19 Pass.
Download the app at: NHS App

Castle Healthcare Practice Policy

We do not accept permanent registration requests from patients who permanently reside outside of our catchment area.

For more information, visit: NHS - How to register with a GP surgery


Temporary Registration

You can register as a temporary patient if you're in the area for longer than 24 hours but less than 3 months.

If you'll be in the area for longer than 3 months, you'll have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with the practice.

You can receive emergency treatment from a GP surgery for up to 14 days – for example, if you fall ill while on holiday. If your treatment will last longer than that, you'll have to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

For more information, visit: NHS - How do I register as a temporary resident with a GP? and How can I see a GP if I'm away from home?

To register as a temporary patient, download and complete the Temporary Resident Registration Form and bring a copy to reception.


NHS England Guidance for Temporary Residents

NHS England guidance for patients that are registered as a patient in England and staying away from their home address (within England):

  • Routine appointment - Contact your own GP surgery and ask for a telephone consultation.
  • If a face-to-face appointment is required, you will be directed to the nearest Urgent Care/Walk-In Centre. This applies to all patients, including students at home from university for holidays.
  • If you require a repeat prescription you should contact your own GP surgery and ask for a prescription to be sent electronically to a pharmacy near you. You are able to ask a pharmacy for a 5 day emergency supply of medication, if required.

NHS England guidance for patients from other countries and are not registered as a patient in England:

  • The above Urgent Care/Walk-In Centre guidance applies.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website