Our Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Welcome to the Castle Healthcare Practice Patient Participation Group (PPG).
We are an active group of volunteer patients who meet (with doctors and staff) on the first Tuesday of each month to act as your representatives', providing views and opinions and giving feedback about the surgery and the services provided, from the patients' perspective.
The PPG has evolved in various forms over the past few years and currently consists of a Cabinet of 15 members and a number of Virtual Group Members who correspond by email only - see below for more information about our Virtual Group. We are continually seeking new members to join our Virtual Group as there is no limit on the number who can join. If you are interested in receiving more information about our Virtual Group, please use the 'Contact Us' page above and we will be in touch.
Minutes of PPG meetings are located within the 'Minutes of Meetings' tab above.
The Principal Aims of the Patient Participation Group are:
- assist in improving the running of the practice for the benefit of patients and staff
- facilitate communication between patients and the practice
- discuss issues raised by patients of a general nature and provide feedback
- assist with patient surveys, help produce action plans and reports
- contribute to practice decision-making and consult on service development and provision
- have input into practice communications to ensure clear and easily understood
- provide links/information to self-help groups for patients with specific needs
- promote health education and influence local health care services
- promote two-way communication with the Integrated Care Board and Partners Health
How To Contact The PPG
If you have any ideas, issues or suggestions you would like us to raise with the Practice, you can either telephone the Practice and leave a message for one of our members to contact you or use the 'Contact Us' tab above.
We may ask you for further information and following discussion at our next meeting, feedback will be provided.
We are continually seeking new members to join our Virtual PPG Group as there is no limit on the number who can join. If you are interested and wish to receive more information about our Virtual Group, please use the 'Contact Us' tab above and we will be in touch.
Virtual PPG members will not attend meetings and will correspond via email. We usually send an email before each meeting (with a brief summary of previous discussions) asking if there are any issues to be raised. We may also send a message if we have any specific information to provide or asking for opinions on a current topic.
Please note that your email address will be kept confidential and not passed to other Virtual Group Members.
We very much encourage new members to come forward from more under-represented groups within our Practice community so that we can be more representative of the Practice population.
Please note the PPG is here to represent patients and we deal only with issues and concerns of a general nature.
Please do not contact us about any personal or medical matter or clinical complaint - in these circumstances, please contact the Practice directly.
We hope you will find our pages interesting and informative, and we hope to hear from you soon.
Castle Healthcare Patient Participation Group